Simply the most effective Law Enforcement and Forensic textbook series available that prepares students with the training, skills and knowledge to successfully obtain a rewarding career in law enforcement, CSI, and private security.
Songer Institute’s textbook offerings were established by a collaboration of experienced law enforcement and forensic personnel to provide books in an easy-to-read format. Comprised of current and former professors, federal agents and police officers, we recognize the need for textbooks that provide concise information on a variety of justice and forensic related matters, instrumental for both students and those interested in law enforcement careers.
Our writers, many who have taught at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, were astonished of how many students were unfamiliar with the police hiring process. Our books, Strategies for Police Applicants: The Oral Interview, and The Police Hiring Process: What to Expect, help prepare students by providing in-depth scenarios and requirements of the entire application and hiring process. Students that have purchased our series of books demonstrated more self-confidence and improved their critical thinking skills.
In addition, we have expanded our textbook offerings to include Introduction to Police Report Writing as well as our forensic science series – Practical Applications in Forensic Science, Forensic Death Investigation: A Practical Guide to the Medicological Investigation of Death and Research Paper Writing Guide for Criminal Justice and Forensic Investigation Scholars – as additional supplements to any Criminal Justice or Forensic Science Program.
The Songer Institute is currently expanding its series of book offerings to include Criminal Justice Ethics, Terrorism, Homeland Security and Criminology. If you are a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and desire to write a book on a particular subject, we would love to hear from you.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Police Hiring Process: What to Expect
NOW Only $19.99
Understanding the Police Hiring Process will provide the candidate with the edge necessary to successfully become a law enforcement officer.
- All areas of testing including Physical, Psychological, Medical and Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) test requirements
- Background Investigation, Driving Record, Criminal History, and Polygraph Examination details
- Common mistakes to avoid during the application process
Strategies for Police Applicants: The Oral Interview
NOW Only $19.99
Police Oral Interview panel members determine within minutes if a candidate is the right fit for law enforcement. This book guides the candidate through every aspect of the Oral Interview process.
- Example Interview Questions and Answers even for difficult ethical situations
- Preparation techniques to improve Interpersonal and Communication skills relating to policing
- Body Language – what is the Panel looking for?
- Police Officer Ride-Along process, procedures and etiquette
- The Police Chief’s interview
Introduction to Police Report Writing
Proficient Police Report Writing is an integral part of becoming an effective law enforcement officer, and can often determine if a criminal is successfully prosecuted.
- Proper grammar usage relating to policing, jargon and acronyms
- Samples of the most common Police Reports such as the Face Sheet, Warrantless Arrests, Vehicle Reports, Narrative Supplemental, Missing Persons Report, etc.
- Using the Uniform Crime Reporting format
Practical Applications in Forensic Science
This book provides a single-source practical guide to basic crime scene processing and investigation, and also discusses forensic science theories and concepts.<
- Officer safety and emergency care to the injured
- Securing and controlling the crime scene
- Search methods, scene documentation and photography
- Overview of many highly specialized areas of forensic science
- How forensic science plays a vital role in the US judicial system
Forensic Death Investigation
A Practical Guide to the Medicolegal Investigation of Death is a guidebook written by a veteran death investigator specifically for field investigators and students alike.
- Historical foundations, legal issues, identification methods of human remains, time of death estimation, and wound analysis
- Specific areas addressed are deaths related to fire, asphyxiation, drowning, electrical, and motor vehicle accidents
- Format that allows you to take this guide to the scene
Research Paper Writing Guide for Criminal Justice and Forensic Investigation Scholars
This book contains the necessary information for college students to write successful research papers. Most research textbooks stop short at describing the step-by-step process of building and presenting research papers. This book does not. The textbook’s design walks students through the logical process of building research papers and presenting research findings both orally and in writing. The textbook serves as a primary textbook for courses involving research methods and paper writing or serves as an effective supplement to courses with major research paper components. The textbook contains several practical exercises and helpful tables as well.
- APA Writing Guide and Paper Requirements
- The Purpose Statement
- Citing in APA Style
- What is a Scholarly Journal?
- The Literature Review
- Critical Thinking: Analysis, Synthesis, and Evaluation
- The Oral Presentation
- Completing the Paper