The growing number of disasters in recent years has placed the field of emergency management in the spotlight. The demand for skills in this field is increasing out of necessity, and skilled job seekers will be able to choose from opportunities in both the public and private sector.
The Songer Institute's curriculum in Emergency Management prepares graduates for leadership roles that protect our communities against natural and technological hazards and prepare us to respond and recover from disasters. Our program provides you with both theoretical and practical knowledge in the key facets of emergency management, including:
- Reducing vulnerabilities through hazard mitigation
- Managing emergency functions within standard operational frameworks
- Building coalitions and resources needed for rapid response
- Planning, conducting and evaluating exercises and drills
- Linking recovery with the values of sustainable development